Re: Zimmerman case

Shaya Potter:
> The people that developed [ITAR] were asked "what don't we want our enemies
> getting their hands on", one of their answers was strong encryption.

The problem here seems to be that the government doesn't acknowledge that
people outside of the U.S. are at least as smart as we are, and (like the
Atom Bomb) all of the theoretical knowledge has been published, and much of
it was researched and published by people outside of the U.S.

	Bruce
--
Bruce Perens K6BP   Bruce@Pixar.com   510-215-3502
Finger bruce@master.Debian.org for PGP public key.