Re: Netscape 4.0b2 out, any success?

>>>>>>>> On Fri, 28 Feb 1997,, Brian wrote:

 Brian>
 Brian> > Also, NetScape takes about 5 minutes to start if you have
 Brian> > mime-support installed. It seems to run /bin/sh for every
 Brian> > entry in /etc/mailcap and it doesn't like what it finds in
 Brian> > there at all. Eventually after spewing a bunch of error
 Brian> > messages, it settles down and runs. I've had to temporarily
 Brian> > delete /etc/mailcap to make it bearable.
 Brian>
 Brian> There was some incompatibility between netscape and (I think).
 Brian> metamail I'm not sure if it has been fixed, yet              .
 Brian>
 Brian> The startup time problem come from netscape trying every test
 Brian> in mailcap each time it starts up.

For me, Netscape 4 starts up faster then 3. (but dies more :( )

borik

Boris D. Beletsky                          borik@isracom.co.il
Network Administrator                      borik@cs.huji.ac.il
Hebrew University                          borik@debian.org
Jerusalem, Israel                        phone: +972 2 6411880