Re: Netscape 4.0b2 out, any success?

> Also, NetScape takes about 5 minutes to start if you have
> mime-support installed.  It seems to run /bin/sh for every entry
> in /etc/mailcap and it doesn't like what it finds in there at all.
> Eventually after spewing a bunch of error messages, it settles down and
> runs.  I've had to temporarily delete /etc/mailcap to make it bearable.

There was some incompatibility between netscape and (I think) metamail.
I'm not sure if it has been fixed, yet.

The startup time problem come from netscape trying every test in mailcap
each time it starts up.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

   Give others some insight into YOUR pages!  http://www.verisim.com/insite/