Logging problem/question

Right after installing debian, the system was logging in.pop3d requests
and who the requests came from in the /var/log/daemon.log file.

It seems that right after installing xinetd I lost the logging of those
messages. Maybe it was xinetd or something else, but the system WAS
logging in.pop3d,in.comsat and a few other programs. Now it does not
log any of it and I'm VERY curious as to WHY ??

Any ideas I can follow up on ?

Thanks, Matthew