Suddenly, my debian mirror timestamps out by 1 minute

I mirror debian on an SGI Indigo2 (IRIX64 6.2 IP26), and then from
there to my Linux box at home.

Last night, the timestamps at home all became 1 minute off and the whole
mirror retransfered (complete in several hours over ISDN :-).

Since the timestamps on the SGI in the office still match ftp.debian.org,
the problem must be on my PC. The only odd thing at the time was a runaway
Netscape 3.01gold that I CTRL-C'd before the first window appeared. The
process somehow remained, burning up CPU at 70-100%

Any ideas what could have made the timestamps change by 1 minute?
(If I ever mirror a debian site on the net, I'd hate to waste bandwidth
like this if it's something I can fix.)

...RickM...