kerneld activity

Hi,

I a new to this list and to Debian. I have a 2.0.0 kernel and debian 1.2
Yesterday I updated some packages from the unstable tree. The packages
were base-passwd bsdutils debianutils dpkg e2fsprogs fileutils and
findutils. Today I have noticed by runing pstree that kerneld
spawns new kernelds at very short intervals . More specifically
kerneld spawns another kerneld which in its turn spawns yet another or
might spawn a sh process Then very quickly the child processes disappear.
This happens at very short intervls ( seconds) Additionally there is some
minor hard disk activity ( probably ) unrelated with the fact that I am
runing some backgroung batch jobs. Can anyone tell me if this is normal or
is it a bug or is it because i haven't upgraded some other package ??
At the moment no other problems are caused but I am abit worried.
                                    Thanks for any help
                                    George

George Kapetanios
Churchill College