Re: HELP! XDM locked me out of Linux!

Jesse Goldman <jgoldman@miranda.fnal.gov> writes:

> I may have misunderstood your problem but, from you letter, I'm guessing
> that you get a standard xdm login/password box which then keeps resetting.
> If that's the case, did you try using an alternate virtual console?

I've gotten bitten by this problem before, and this solution
unfortunately won't help.  The machine cycles so fast between
launching X and X dying that you only get a fraction of a second at
the console, then it switches back to X, then back to the console,
then back to X...

You can't type anything reliably, because only a small portion of your
keypresses make it to the console.

--
Rob