Re: HELP! XDM locked me out of Linux!

Hi,

I may have misunderstood your problem but, from you letter, I'm guessing
that you get a standard xdm login/password box which then keeps resetting.
If that's the case, did you try using an alternate virtual console?
(ctrl-alt-F1 for example). This should get you to a text prompt from which
you can log in. Then, I think you can go to /etc/X11/config and comment
out the line that says "start-xdm".  This should allow you to log on and
reconfigure your xwindows setup. I don't know if there's also a way you
can do this with LILO though... Hope that helps.

J. Goldman