Re: 3comm 509b

One of the places you can find the 3c5x9 setup program are the authors www
pages. The url is http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/diag/diagnostic.html.

I just used the program this week and noticed that when you change interfaces
(10baseT, 10base2, etc), be sure to press the reset button when the machine
reboots. The warm reboot Linux 2.0.x does wasn't "strong" enough to actually
turn the new interface on.

Rob Browning wrote on debian-user:
> There's a tool to configure this card called 3c5x9setup that will let
> you set these options.  I'm not sure where to get it though.  Try
> checking the Ethernet-HOWTO and the Hardware-compatibility-HOWTO in
> /usr/doc/HOWTO after installing the doc-linux package.

// Heikki
--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland