Re: 3comm 509b

dpk <dpk@egr.msu.edu> writes:

> under the other distributions.  his card is a 3c509b, a combo card, using
> the 10baseT port.  however the standard driver for 3c509 only detects the
> bnc port.  is there away around this to show my friend the ever most
> powerful distribution of debian??  sorry if all my amount of questions

There's a tool to configure this card called 3c5x9setup that will let
you set these options.  I'm not sure where to get it though.  Try
checking the Ethernet-HOWTO and the Hardware-compatibility-HOWTO in
/usr/doc/HOWTO after installing the doc-linux package.

You could also try an Altavista search or something similar.

--
Rob