Re: Hypernews (was Re: debian-newbie list)

> Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with HyperNews, but I am
> interested in contributing to this project.
> Please let me know if there is something I can do to assist.

Cool.  I'll set up HyperNews on the machine - it should be ready
by the middle of next week.  It doesn't look too hard to do,
so I'll do that myself -- and maybe you can help administrate and
moderate the pages themselves?

I'm thinking of structuring the documents like this:

would be the home page.  Then we can create discussion lists for
each package:

http://dwww.jimpick.com/HyperNews/get/debian/packages/{package name}.html

Plus we could have additional lists too.

We could use something like:

to link to the package discussion list pages.  Eventually, I'm going to
put something like that into dwww.

I think it would be a nice complement to the existing mailing lists and
the bug reporting system.  Thanks for showing some interest.  :-)

 - Jim