linux file systems - frag-up

     Hi -
        Can anybody out there familiar with linux filesystem formats tell
     me if I need to be concerned with file system fragmentation.
        I have a copy of the new AIX (4.1.4) on my rs6k and have noticed
     that it comes with a file sys. defrag utility.
        And so I am wondering if linux's filesystems "frag-up", and if
     there are utilities for defragging them.
     regards & thanks in advance - dave