Re: Where can I find xterm_color?

On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, Nathan L. Cutler wrote:

>     John> I finally got X Windows up and running, and I'm using
>     John> fvwm95, but when I try and start a new sheel, the message
>     John> "xterm_color" appears in my login window.
>
>     John> Also, how do I set the LS_OPTIONS so that my directory
>     John> listings will be in color?  Right now I am using an alias,
>     John> but that's a sloppy way to do it.  Also, does fvwm95 support
>     John> colorized listings?
>
> I don't know anything about fvwm95, but if you put the following line
> in your .bash_profile or equivalent, 'ls' should display in color:
>
>   eval `dircolors`

I don't think this works anymore, I think the color-ls was folded into
the normal ls, and you have to put all the aliases in your
.bash_{rc,profile} manually.  However, I can't verify this since my
system at work doesn't seem to want to accept any connections right now
except for telnet's to port 25 (so at least I know it hasn't crashed :-) )

Shaya