Need help about diald & dselect:

Hello all,

I have two questions need your help.

1)I configured diald in my system but when I boot my system, I'll
  get a message during boot.
  "Trying to start diald.  /etc/diald/diald.options does not exist."
  I have the following files in /etc/diald:
                diald.conf
                diald.defs
                diald.init
                diald.options
  Can you tell me why I'll get the above message during boot with these
  files in the right directory?

2)I am trying to use dselect's FTP method without any success.  I strted
  pppd first.  The program and my modem seem working properly.  I checked
  /var/log/ppp.log file and the message was like this:
        pppd 2.2.0 started by root, uid 0
        serila connection established.
        Using interface ppp0
        connect: ppp0 <---> /dev/ttyS0
        local IP address 202.73.253.153
        remote IP address 202.73.252.131
  I think above message looks OK.  Then I started "dselect" access method
  "FTP".  When dselect was loaded, I got a message "hostname: Host name
  lookup failure".  Does this mean anything?  I just ignored this message
  and filled in information for fip site, passive, and username etc then
  hit return.  I got the following messages:
  Connecting to ftp.debian.org....
  NET::FTP: Bad hostname 'ftp.debian.org' at /usr/lib/perl5/Net/FTP.pm line 405
  FTP ERROR

Can you tell me why?

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy Lu

--
This message was delayed because the list mail delivery agent was down.