libX11.so.6 files missing!?!?!?!?!

I installed Debian a couple of weeks ago because Slawkware didn't support
my ATI vid card, and I finally got X Windows 3.2 up and running, but
whenever I try and run a window manager, like tkdesk or fvwm95-2 i get the
message "File libX11.so.6 not installed".  I checked dselect and all the
required packages are installed, and I couldn't find a package that
included this file.  Where do I find these files?  How do I make sure they
are installed.

Also, is there a script file I can modify to set all my BASH settings, not
just .bash_profile in my user's root directory?

John Hoffmann

--
This message was delayed because the list mail delivery agent was down.