Re: cdrom block device

On Thu, 16 Jan 1997, Richard Sevenich wrote:

> I am doing a new install with debian 1.2.1 and the 1997-04-01 base diskettes.
> The boot recognizes my cdrom at sr0, but I cannot mount it - finding no
> appropriate block device in /dev. My guess is that I should be using the
> 1996-12-8 set. What is the verdict?
> Regards, Richard

Well I had the same problem (don't remember the date of the boot set) but
I used MAKEDEV to explicitely make the cdrom devices and the it was ok.
it made scd0 - scd7 devices wich are cdrom type

> --

ciao,
Geert "Esger" Raes                                    tel.: (+32) 820 26 66
Centrum Medische Genetica                             fax.: (+32) 820 25 66
Universiteit Antwerpen UIA                       E-Mail: Esger@uia.ua.ac.be
Universiteitsplein 1                 WWW: http://bioc-www.uia.ac.be/u/esger
2610 Wilrijk
E-music on the Net :               http://bioc-www.uia.ac.be/u/esger/emusic