Re: How do access hda, fd0, etc. ?

> >      If any text files are involved, the different newline characters in
> dos
> > and linux can cause problems.  Adding the conversion option to the file
> > system specification in the mount command can reduce that problem.  Try:
> >
> > mount -t msdos -o defaults,conv=auto /dev/hda1 /mnt
>
> I think the 'conv=auto' options is now default for msdos
> and vfat file systems. If sometimes you *don't* want this,

Not here, it doesn't seem to be. In my experience, conv=auto is bad
news because the file size reflects actual size, not number of
bytes which are readable. InfoZIP zip for example will complain
bitterly when reading a text file that the number of bytes expected
(from the file size) was more than actually readable (due to CR/LF
-> CR translation). Better just to use tr when you need to move
files over.

tr -d '\015' < in > out

works fine.

hamish