Re: Troubleshooting (was "Re: DEBIAN 1.2 DISKETTE PROBLEMS UPDATE")

Syrus Nemat-Nasser writes:
[snip]
> read it.  Please don't feel concerned that this list is too technical for
> the simpler questions.  All of us were new to Linux and Debian at one
> time.  IMHO, the best thing that a "newbie" can do is RTFM when they can

The problem with RTFM is sometime the "manual" is too big and one gets lost
trying to figure out where to start (or too much info to absorb in the first
pass through)

> find it, and ask the simple questions when they can't find the docs.
> Then, answer the simple questions when the next "newbie" comes along.  At
> that point, you're not a "newbie" any more, so maybe you're just a "bie"?

This is the "best" solution. When you get settled in (i.e. not a 'newby'), you
pickup the torch and help those 'newbies' who are desperate 8-) and need
assurance that they will be helped.

One of the best aspects of this list is the _friendly_ help one gets even if
the question has already been asked 100 times. I find that when I have a
question about a subject, I read this list for a week or so before asking. A
lot of times, someone has already asked the question and there are the
answers! 8-)

--
-= Sent by Debian 1.2 Linux =-
Thomas Kocourek  KD4CIK