Re: Troubleshooting (was "Re: DEBIAN 1.2 DISKETTE PROBLEMS UPDATE")

On Mon, 13 Jan 1997, Daniel S. Barclay wrote:

> > From: "Mark W. Blunier" <blunier@prairienet.org>
>
> > Maybe we should start a new mailing list, debian-dumb-questions.
> > It would cut my traffic down from debian-user.
>
> Should there be a debian-newbie?

The problem with such a list would be that fewer experienced users would
read it.  Please don't feel concerned that this list is too technical for
the simpler questions.  All of us were new to Linux and Debian at one
time.  IMHO, the best thing that a "newbie" can do is RTFM when they can
find it, and ask the simple questions when they can't find the docs.
Then, answer the simple questions when the next "newbie" comes along.  At
that point, you're not a "newbie" any more, so maybe you're just a "bie"?

Syrus.