Re: PostScript without PS printers

martym@cs.utexas.edu wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>    I just recently saw someone post that he had a Canon BJC 4100, a color
>  printer in the $200-300 range, but on which he could print postscript
>  by using apsfilter and ghostview.
>    Could this person or someone else knowledgeable in this please tell me more
>  explicitly how this is done, or point me to some documentation that talks
>  about it?
>

>  Marty

I made the post you are referring to.  As stated in the original, I have
been using APSfilter and Aladdin ghostscript to print PostScript files
under a Slackware Linux system for quite a while now.  I have only
recently installed Debian and have not yet fiddled much with printing.
As I recall, I installed and setup ghostscript and APSfilter and it just
worked.  I specified bjc600 as the printer device (bjc4100 is not yet an
option).  If you want, I can email more details after I setup under
Debian.

--Bob