Re: Sendmail redirects all *local* mail to domain MX ?????

On Mon, 13 Jan 1997, Pete Templin wrote:

> 2) It doesn't recognize thishost as its host name.

> For #2, double check that /etc/hostname is the same as a reverse DNS lokup
> on the IP address of the machine.

Errr, what if somebody isn't running DNS??? (like me???)  Won't
defining Dwmyhost and Dj$w still work?  What the heck is this .cw
file for?  Why is debian implementing an incompatable sendmail?
Isn't sendmail complicated enough?  I thought a project design
goal was to have a *nix compatable system?  Are other Linux
distributions adopting this .cw file as well?

> I'm a bit surprised that mx.mydom.com accepts your mail, as
> /etc/mail/sendmail.cw (in the debian implementation, was formerly in
> sendmail.cf as CW) must contain thishost.mydom.com.  Unless of course that

I found no debian specific documentation for sendmail that
mentioned a sendmail.cw file.

Sorry for ranting ...

Richard G. Roberto
richr@bear.com