Re: Rescue Disk (was Password)

> I'm sorry to hear you didn't get it to work on the first try.  After
> receiving your message, I went ahead and manufactured the floppy on my
> (Debian) system.  Here's how I did it.
>
> First, I noticed that superformat is already installed on my system.
> I think it's part of the default Debian installation.
>
> Second, I noticed that the /dev file for the 1743K floppy drive
> already exists on the system, but under a different name!  In the
> readme for CatRescue, it is referred to as /dev/fd0H1743 but on my
> system it is /dev/fd0u1743.
>
> Third, I formatted a blank floppy using the command
>    superformat -s21 -t83 /dev/fd0
>
> Fourth, I ran the following command from the top of the CatRescue101E
> source tree:
>     zcat image.gz | dd bs=1024 of=/dev/fd0u1743
>
> Note the lowercase 'u' instead of the uppercase 'H' in the device file
> name.
>
> My advice: try the installation again -- this product is worth the
> effort :-)

Thanks Nathan. I did everything you recommended. Still no go.
I will assume now that my floppy drive cannot handle non standard
format. I can rawrite to it and make new INSTALL BOOT and ROOT disks.

The floppy diskette still gave me errors. And when I tried to boot
from it anyway, just to see. I get:

LILO CatRescue
Error 0x04
LILO CatRescue
Error 0x04

Until I reset the system via the <RESET> push button.

I really appreciate your assistance.

Chuma Agbodike