Re: Installation Problems

When it stops, can you push ctrl-c to cancel the install and try it again?
Or does the system just hang completely? If it does, then it might be a
CD-ROM problem, but I don't know.
Also, doing a cold reboot on a linux system is not a good idea.  You will
almost always get a disk error after that.  The better way is to use
shutdown command or push ctrl-alt-del combination.

On Fri, 10 Jan 1997, Didier Nghia Le Tien wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> 	I'am trying to install Debian 1.2 from the Infomagic Distribution (Dec.
> !996).
> The system always stop during the package installation (not always on
> the same package). Then when i reboot i got some disks error that i
> repaired using fsck. I find it very surprising because i previously made
> a scan disk on my partition succesfully. I don't know if the problem
> comes from my CD-ROM (I use a Nakamichi MJ-4.4) as it is detect by the
> system during the boot
>
> hdc : Nakamichi, ATAPI CD-ROM (or something like that)
>
> 	Does anyone has an idea about what happens ?
>
> 		Didier
>

> --

__
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman                                             igor@vaca.net