PCMCIA problem on Toshiba Satellite Pro 410CDT Solved but what about X?

Howdy,

I managed to install Debian on my Toshiba (thanks to all who helped).  However
I'm still having problems with X.  I managed to create a decent XF86Config file
however when I return to text-mode after running startx, my screen starts
making a very high pitched noise (hope this is correct English :-).  I guess
I'm somehow trying to run my screen on a wrong frequency, but I have no idea
where to start looking (the size in X seems wright, the frequency in xvidtune
is a bit off (60.3Hz in stead of 60Hz but that shouldn't bother).  The strange
thing is that I only get the noise when I'm back in textmode afterwards, not
when I'm running X?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Nico.

Nico De Ranter
Sony Objective Composer (SOCOM)
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Telephone: +32 2 724 17 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
e-mail: nico.deranter@sonycom.com