Window managers and disks

Dear All,

I have just installed Debian Linux, on my machine, and now I would like to install a window manager of some sort and a C++ compiler.

Could you please tell me what I need for the window manager, I am using a Matrox Millennium graphics card with 4mb of ram.

Also what C++ compilers are available and where to get them.

I have partitioned my hard disk into the following

C:   500mb DOS/FAT
D:   500mb Linux
E:   1000mb NTFS

Is possible when I boot into linux to 'mount' these other disks or log on to NT and have access to the Linux disk.

What do I need to do to get Linux to connect to other UNIX machines that is on the network ?

Best regards

Mike Appleby

michael@kcs.co.uk