Re: A few questions.

>>>>> "Nathan" == Nathan L Cutler <ncutler@terminal.cz> writes:

Nathan> I don't use the debian kernel-source package at all.  I
Nathan> download Linus's kernels and install them in /usr/src/linux
Nathan> and compile them as per /usr/src/linux/README.  I have never
Nathan> had any problems with this, and otherwise have a full Debian
Nathan> system.

Wouldn't it be nice if you let dpkg manage your kernel stuff as well?

Nathan> IMHO the kernel-source package can never give you the
Nathan> fine-tuned kernel you need for your particular machine and
Nathan> your particular tastes.

Why can't you do the same configurations with the kernel-source
package?  It is just the verbatim kernel source plus some debian
specfic files which do not deprive you of all the configurability.

--
Billy C.-M. Chow <cmchow@se.cuhk.edu.hk>
Department of Systems Engineering