Re: xdm cannot read Xresources via /lib/cpp

On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, Steffen Neumann wrote:

> What goes wrong:
> 	xdm can't read its Xresources (which is too bad, since I want
> 	to do more than just colors with them, but whereas at home
> 	everything works, here I have started with a plain installation
> 	and not even begun editing the Xresource files)

I see the same problem. At the office, I upgraded from 1.1 to 1.2.1 and
Xdm cant read its Xresources, complains about the "cpp" and starts
xconsole in non-iconic mode; at home, I did a fresh installation of 1.2.1
and there is the same problem (even worse: xdm doesn't start xconsole at
all).

I have no idea how to fix this. Help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Rolf