ethernet card problem HELLLLLLLLP!

i have two pc one running linux 1.1.47 and the other running linux
1.2.13 both pc have a SMC WD8013 lan card. when i boot any pc, while
boot it tell me that it has a WD8013 card on the correct address and
irq, even both machines accept the "ifconfig" command and everything
seem to be ok bu when i try to call the other pc i see when a packet
goes out (by the light indicators on the lan card) but never establis
comunication.
i test the card booting both pc on DOS and using the same address,
nestmask and bradcast address and work fine even on linux it seem not
no receive the arp address of the orther pc.

so please sombody who has an idea please let me know
i have many days fighting with this problem

thanks

Guillermo Solis Aguilar  TI2SAG

Internet: gsolis@ns.racsa.co.cr         Telephone: +506.287.0451
          memo@mail.orion.racsa.co.cr   Fax      : +506.223.0920