Two basic problems I couldn't find docs for

I chose remove from Dselect not knowing what I was in for. I lost pon,
poff, etc.

1- I typed dpkg --search pon but it did not show me which pkg pon was
in... only where swapon et al were.

2- typing capital U at the line All packages in Dselect does not
install the set of packages that debian was initially setup with. If
it did, then pon,poff,plog would have been there after I did it.

How do you tell dselect/dpkg "get me back to where I was before I
started adding and removing packages" ?

--
terrence brannon brannon@rana.usc.edu      telephones: home: 818-844-6401
360 S. Euclid Ave #124, Pasadena, CA 91101  /o)\        fax: 213-740-5687