using mirror with delete_excl

Hi,

I tried to mirror the debian archive with the mirror command. I like
to keep the local tree although in the debian hirarchie, so I included
the line delete_excl=(/mnt/debian/local) to the config file. But the
files in the local tree are still delete during the mirror process.

the config file:

> package=debian
>   site=ftp.inka.de
>   remote_dir=/debian
>   local_dir=/mnt/debian
>   exclude_patt=((i-connect-fixes|ms-dos|msdos-i386|msdos-m68k|binary-alpha|binary-m68k|binary-sparc|source|project|local)($|/))
>
>   delete_excl=(/mnt/debian/local)
>#  local_ignore=(/mnt/debian/local)
>   do_deletes=true

I do not understand pearl, so I couldn't get the solution while reading
the source.

Any ideas?
Dirk