Re: A proposal to improve dselect

Problems I have seen with dselect:

causes serial port overruns, don't know if dpkg does too.

any options from the main menu that causes the cdrom to
be read must be selected twice in order for it to work.

it scans each possible package and determines its state
when installing new packages, resulting in a big waste
of time when you just want to install one package.

In my opinion, dselect is a fairly user friendly environment
that beats the heck out of dpkg, except for those three
problems that I have iterated above.  Hope this helps
someone with dselect.