Re: A proposal to improve dselect

On Tue, 7 Jan 1997, Michael Stutz wrote:

> In concept, dselect is great. It's an attempt to create a user interface
> that's not based on the window/pulldown menu interface that (I believe) is

I totally agree with you.

What often confuses me about dselect is that it sometimes when running
into dependency conflicts changes my tagging (which packages to install).
This takes control from the user, which should be avoided.

About what could be made easier in Debian:
I gave Debian 1.2 to two people who has little or no experience with
Linux. They both made the same mistake, not installing the 16 color X
server. This should be clarified, that you will need it because it
provides things essential to configuring X.

  // Jonas <job@abc.se> [2:201/262.37]