Re: Setting up IP mascarading.

    Shaya> I've finally convinced my school to set up a linux box so
    Shaya> that we can have all the computers in the lab be able to
    Shaya> access the net.  The way I plan to accomplish this is to
    Shaya> set up one linux box that will dial into an ISP and run
    Shaya> PPP.  I will then have all the Win95 machines run tcp/ip
    Shaya> and gateway all the tcp/ip to the linux box.  The linux box
    Shaya> should then forward it on to the ISP.

    Shaya> All my experience with linux networking has either been
    Shaya> plain lans or just setting up PPP.  I am sure I need to
    Shaya> role my own kernel with things like IP mascarading, but do
    Shaya> I also need firewalling and ip-forwarding.

    Shaya> Does anyone have any good experience with this or can point
    Shaya> me in the direction of some documentation.

Hi Shaya:

I just set up my box as a router for an NT box.  It was a horrible
experience until I realized that there might be a HOWTO on it.  Sure
enough, there is, and by following the directions there to the letter,
it worked on the first try!

Check out

http://www.li.org/Resources/HOWTO/mini/IP-Masquerade

--