Re: Problem installing with Adaptec 2940 SCSI (fwd)

Hi Michael,

> I'm attempting a Debian installation at work on a brand-new machine. It's a
> Gateway 2000 Pentium Pro with, among other things, an Adaptec AHA-2940 Ultra
> Wide SCSI controller, two 4GB Seagate Ultra Wide harddisks, an 8x SCSI
> CD-ROM and a 3com 100mbit Ethernet card. It came with WindowsNT preloaded.

I just installed Debian on a similar setup and can't seem to access my UW
drive either.  I got around the problem by installing it on a SCSI-II
drive and will be trying different things now to get the UW one to work.
If I find anything out I'll let you know.

> Am I doing something wrong, or is there another bootdisk I could pick up
> somewhere that could support this? I'm wondering if my Ethernet card will
> present more problems, too. Would an easier solution be to pop in an old IDE
> hard drive and 10mbit Ethernet card just to get the system up and running,
> and then recomile a custom kernel?

I you like I'll compile a kernel for ya as the stock one takes ages to
boot (at least for me anyway)

Leland

__ Y_ a_ m_ b_ o_ | The leanest, meanest, fightinest sweet tater on Earth!
   oo o  oo o  o  |
    o       o   o | llucius@millcomm.com
 o oo    o     o  |
-- -- -- -- -- -- | http://www.millcomm.com/~llucius       (maybe one day)