Re: xterm color

In article <[🔎] Pine.SOL.3.91.970106201213.16353A-100000@physics>,
	Syrus Nemat-Nasser <syrus@UCSD.EDU> writes:
> On 6 Jan 1997, Michael Harnois wrote:
>> >You must set the color resource

I don't know if you have to set any resources (try using the "+dc"
option to xterm). In my case I had to remove a line from .Xresource
which set the foreground and background colors of xterm. Than the colors
reappeared ;-)

> My understanding:  You must install the xterm-color package which
> replaces the default monochrome xterm with the color knowledgable
> binary.  That should do it.

The xterm in XFree86 really is a color xterm. You don't need the
xterm-color package anymore.

BTW: I think XFree3.2 should habe a line "Conflicts: xterm.color" so
xterm-color gets removed when Xfree 3.2 is installed.

Greetings ... Rainer
--
            Rainer.Bawidamann@sol.wohnheim.uni-ulm.de