Re: [1.2 installation]: how to tell X to follow swapping of control and caps lock from loadkeys
> From: email@example.com (Bernd Eckenfels)
> Why dont u use the grafical setup tool XF86Setup? There is a menu point for
> configuration of the keyboard. It will display the keyboards you may select
> and allows you to use checkboxes for the options.
> This tool should be started automatically if you istall the Xfree86 3.2
> packages! Can't you rember it or din't u see it yet?
My system (1.2, from Infomagic CDs) doesn't seem to have it. I have
the manual pages, but no such executable (either installed or listed
in the Contents file). Which specific package is it in?
Anyway, I want the real documentation so I can understand what's really going
on--and to be able to know the options for fixing things. (E.g.:
- how to get Alt to work again as Meta in Emacs and xterm (or bash?)
- how to get non-ASCII ISO8859-1 characters using Alt (well, probably only
the other Alt key) (That is, how can I have a normal U.S. keyboard,
and enter accented characters occasionally?)
- whether those two things can happen at the same time
- why my numeric keypad is screwy:
- why the Num Lock LED is backwards
- why Emacs and Netscape ignore the numeric-keypad keys in numeric
mode (they yield digits when typed into bash in an xterm)
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org . Trouble? e-mail to Bruce@Pixar.com