Re: Just a Proposition....:-)))

On Mon, 6 Jan 1997 jacek@netcologne.de wrote:

> Well, I'm just a newbie but I'd like a new installation routine for
> debian. I have the following proposition for future installation
> routines.
> First dselect is not very user friendly...and for a newbie it's say
> difficult to use...:-)) It gives the possibility to install MANY
> packages. Of course sometimes I do not know whether I'll ever need them.
> Later dpkg always needs magical spells to make it work. What U think
> about something like this:

	Yeah.  That's probably the only gripe I have about Debian.
dselect sucks.  I hate it with a passion!  I'm thinking it would be
probably be just as easy to use dpkg directly.

	I love dpkg 'tho.  The dselect program needs a rewrite, IMHO.
Give it a better UI or something.

Arcadio Alivio Sincero, Jr.
Undergraduate Computer Science Major/Linux Enthusiast/Competitive Bodybuilder
email:  S566@aacci.aacc.cc.md.us
WWW:    Not available yet -- still looking for free webspace!

"Bare feet magnetize sharp metal objects so they point upward from the floor,
 especially in the dark."