Re: Help needed for simple installation

On Mon, 6 Jan 1997, Leander Berwers wrote:

> Patitition check:
> hda:hda: status error: status=0x01 {Error}
> hda: status error: error=0x04 {DriveStatusError}
> hda: drive not ready for command
> hda: status error: status=0x01 {Error}
> hda: status error: error=0x04 {DriveStatusError}
> hda: drive not ready for command
> hda: status error: status=0x01 {Error}
> hda: status error: error=0x04 {DriveStatusError}
> hda: drive not ready for command
> hda: status error: status=0x01 {Error}
> hda: status error: error=0x04 {DriveStatusError}
> hda: drive not ready for command
> ide0: reset: success
> hda1 hda2 <hda5>
> RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0
> Couldn't get a free page.....
> out of memoryVFS: Mounted root (minix filesystem).
> init: cache '/etc/ld.so.cache' is corrupt
>
> What is wrong? And what can I do about it?

Sounds like the same problem I was having with my P133 machine. Turned out
it was bad memory, affecting the motherboard.
All "tests" from DOS worked, but not in linux.  mine was a P133 with 430FX
motherboard, 16Mb ram, and a 2.5Gb Western Digital.

--
                              Daniel Stringfield
         mailto:servo@southeast.net http://users.southeast.net/~servo