X11R6 and xbaseR6 dependencies?

Hello, all!

Just got the Infomagic December pack and started playing with Debian...
I've been using Slackware on a completely stand-alone machine for a
couple of years but decided to give Debian a try - looking good so far...

But I've got a problem with some dependancies, mainly packages claiming
that they depend on X11R6 and/or xbaseR6... for instance netscape and
motifnls - I have got XFree86 set up and functioning so what did I fail
to do during the install? I looked at the 1.2-miniFAQ but this problem
isn't covered there...

I also have the same problem as an other poster with X stuff looking for
libs in /usr/lib, creating links to the relevant libs in the X
directories makes no difference...

TIA,
	Michael Tempsch
--
|                Linux: Turn on...Tune in...Fork out...                |
|    Michael Tempsch, member of Ballistic Wizards, TIP#088, TDGP#20    |