Re: g77 problems

On Mon, 6 Jan 1997, Kaj Wiik wrote:

> When trying to run g77 on 1.2 I get
>
> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `f771': No such file or directory
>

> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `f771': No such file or directory
>
> Still f771 exists:
>
> >locate f771
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/2.7.2/f771

Too bad that this did not get fixed in 1.2.

The problem arises, because gcc got upgrade from 2.7.2 to 2.7.2.1
The g77 does depend on the gcc.
But there is no new g77 for the 2.7.2.1 version of gcc.
The work around is to get the old stuff from 1.1 (maybe you have it left)
and  make a link to ../2.7.2/f771

Yours,
 -- martin

// Martin Konold, Muenzgasse 7, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany  //
// Email: konold@tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de              //
       Linux - because reboots are for hardware upgrades
       -- Edwin Huffstutler <ehuff@sedona.intel.com> --

   Just go ahead and write your own multitasking multiuser os !
                 Worked for me all the times.
                     -- Linus Torvalds --