Re: Innd problem

In article <199701010156.XAA03583@wnet.brworld.com.br>,
Alexander Gieg <agieg@brworld.com.br> wrote:

>But when was a light break, and system was off, and I
>restarted them, I began to receive many messages
>like:
>
>----------------------
>From: root
>To: usenet
>Subject: Boot-time Usenet warning on debian
>
>	Old .news.daily; need to run news.daily?
>
>----------------------
>
>What this means? How can I stop receiving these
>messages?

It means exactly what it says. Every day (by default at 3:00 AM) the
maintenance script "news.daily" has to run. This probably hasn't happened
for some reason or the other since a couple of days.

If you fix that, the system will stop sending you mail about it..

Mike.
--
|  Miquel van Smoorenburg    | "Sticky tape is like the Force - it has a   |
| miquels@drinkel.cistron.nl |  dark side, it has a light side, and it     |