Re: Color-ls package

On Fri, 15 Mar 1996 Dirk.Eddelbuettel@qed.econ.queensu.ca wrote:

> I recommend that you look at the xterm-color package. It uses a mechanism now
> offered by dpkg to replace the xterm from xbase in a smart way. IMHO you
> should do the same with /bin/ls, /usr/man/man1/ls.1 and simply add
> /usr/bin/dircolors, /usr/man/man1/dircolors as they are.

Speaking of color xterm, the xterm in XFree86 3.1.2D is now a color
xterm, and a need for a seperate color xterm package should be negated
come 3.1.3 (3.1.2D being a beta version). I am upgrading to 3.1.2D to fix
a bug with the ET4000 card that's been hanging my system a lot, but it's
kinda nice. It's X11R6.1, and has the color xterm are 2 of the biggest
things going for it.

							Shawn