Hi-lighting in VM for emacs.

Dear all,

I am running 93R6 and it seems that automatic hi-lighting doesn't work
in VM for emacs.  For every other major modes (eg lisp, latex, bibtex,
rmail, gnus, etc), hi-lighting is done automatically when the file is
loaded in.  I have to manually do a C-L in VM buffers.  Any ideas?

kernel 1.2.13
emacs-19.29-4.deb (hilit19.el (Release 2.19))
vm-5.92beta-1.deb

And in my .emacs

;; enable hilit19
(cond (window-system
        (setq hilit-mode-enable-list  '(not text-mode)
              hilit-background-mode   'light
              hilit-inhibit-hooks     nil
              hilit-inhibit-rebinding nil)
        (require 'hilit19)
        ))

which is the same as suggested in the preamble of hilit19.el.

Thanks,
/Billy