Re: nis install question

On Sun, 29 Dec 1996, Pete Templin wrote:

> I'd like to look at the stuff for the nis package.  Will anything break if
> I do nothing more than install the nis debian package (i.e. is it a bad
> thing to install on a machine which I kinda depend on?)?  I hope to
> migrate to nis sometime this summer, and I'd like to look at it first.

Are you an Emacs user? If so, try my "deb-view" for emacs. It lets you
browse Debian deb files without unpacking or installing. You can look at
control files, man pages, etc. You can even copy individual files out of
the deb file. (It's based on tar-mode).

The web server where I have it stored seems to be down at the moment, but
the file is at:

http://www.cuug.ab.ca:8001/~macdonal/deb-view.el

Let me know if you can't get it. It's only 13KB; I can email it to you.

...RickM...