Re: Native Language Support under Linux

> Maybe the Debian FAQs are not very up-to-date about this:
>
> GNU is going international through GNU gettext, and since Debian is
> mostly GNU based, Debian will go international through gettext also.

No, they aren't... but they do provide a very good starting point.

> [ If you want to contribute to the GNU i18n project, you may subscribe to
> one of the @li.org list and be a translator. See ABOUT-NLS file for
> details. The entire GNU community (not just Debian) would benefit from
> this ].

  I'll be happy to contribute what I can in this field... I didn't see any
'is' nor a 'dk' in the ABOUT-NLS that I found with the sh-utils package.  But,
I have translated files in Icelandic for both sh-utils and the current version
of libc5 (in 'cat' form)...

  I'll try and contact @li.org...

thanks