Problem with new Logitech "bus" mouse.

Hello people.

To accomadate a new serial device (a USR Pilot) I just bought a mouse
which is called a Logitech bus mouse.  Actually, it is a serial mouse
that comes with a bus board that provides an additional 9 pin serial
port.  Under Windoze '95, this plug and pray board gets assigned to COM3
and irq 10 using the manual configuration method (for those of you who
have struggled with plug and pray on M$ systems, you know what that
means).  I always warm boot Debian using loadlin.

So far, I've had no luck getting Linux to recognize my additional serial
port.  I've used kernels 2.0.25 and 2.0.27 with various suport compiled
in.  I downloaded and successfully ran some pnp software: pnpdump and
isapnp which successfully find the board and claim to configure it with
base address 0x3e8 and irq 10.  However, using commands like 'setserial
/dev/ttyS2 port 0x3e8 irq 10' have yielded no results.  (I did try
several times to use /dev/logibm until I clued in that the mouse is a
serial mouse and not a busmouse.)

I've had luck warmbooting pnp hardware on other machines before such as
with a pnp SB16 sound card, but no luck here.  Any suggestions?

[My machine: AMD 486DX2-80, 16MB RAM, 2 year-old LBA motherboard which is
not PnP, promise EIDE IO card with COM1 port, Internal 14.4 modem on
COM2.]

As always, thanks in advance.  Syrus.