My upgrade 1.1->1.2

I'm using the InfoMagic CDrom set (Dec 96) to upgrade. Here are some notes:

1) I installed dpkg*.deb and ldso*.deb by hand (per messages from this list)

2) Xlib6 and xlib have conflicts which cause problems in dselect. I remember a
fix for this, but I can't find the message(s). Would someone please repost the
fix for xlib dependencies.

3) several packages have 2 versions and "dselect" happily installs both
versions without trying to distinguish between them. And because of the
directory order (checked with 'ls -U'), the older version gets installed
last 8-( & the newer version is purged. These offenders are:

admin/
	pcmcia-modules*.deb
base/
	base-files*.deb
	kernel-image*.deb
doc/
	man_*.deb
mail/
	smartlist*.deb
net/
	ppp*.deb
x11/
	xbase*.deb
	xlib6_3*.deb

If you need any of these packages, I'd recommend installing these packages
by hand.

4) /etc/group somehow managed to get buggered up. A quick edit fixed it.

5) mail/smartlist*.deb depends on base >= 1.2.0-3  My system is being upgraded
and base = 1.1.0-14 ! So, where is the upgrade package for "base"?  I haven't
been able to find it on the CDROM 8-(

--
-= Sent by Debian Linux =-
Thomas Kocourek  KD4CIK