Upgrade questions 1.1->1.2

I broke down and got Debian on CD (InfoMagic Dec 96 issue). In trying to
install/upgrade, I ran into trouble 8-). Some of it was covered by the
messages from this list (hurray!) However, I'm not familar enough with the
programming tools to make an intellegent decision as to what to select in the
conflicts.
I'd like to suggest that an option be added to the conflict list of dselect.
This option would allow one to pull-up the "Packages" description on a
selected item. Thus, a newby like myself can make an "informed" decision and
resolve a conflict 8-) Another "nice to have" option for the conflict list -
flag an item for an "override" of the dependencies (along with appropriate
warnings 8-)

Example:
Ilu depends on python
python conflicts with python-base
(all python-* depend on python-base)
Question - Do I give up on "ilu & python" in favor of python-* ? What's the
difference between python and python-base? Do I need to do an override on
"ilu"?

--
-= Sent by Debian Linux =-
Thomas Kocourek  KD4CIK