Re: A.out binaries in debian 1.2 ??? nah.... (fwd)

( Re Message From: Bruce Perens )

> From: dth@cistron.nl (Danny ter Haar)
> > I am very suprised to find a.out binaries in the rex (and bo)
>
> I suspect any packages with a.outs in them are orphaned packages.
> Of course 1.2 is meant to be ELF-only.
>
> 	Thanks
>
> 	Bruce
> --
> Bruce Perens K6BP   Bruce@Pixar.com

I hope, however, that a.out libraries will continue to be available: they
are important when certain software can only be obtained as pre-compiled
a.out binary executables.

Ted.                                    (Ted.Harding@nessie.mcc.ac.uk)