Re: Taking down PPP at a certain hour of the day

> I am wondering.. how I can do this.. I would like to create a script that
> run in the background and check the time.. if it is 8am it do a

cron provides the ability to run specified programs at a certain time. See
the man page for more details. You should be able to write a small script
that just does the things you want if you just want to fake a shutdown.
If you want to run a real shutdown, just run shutdown.

Ciao,
Thomas